Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Birth of a new Blog: Birth Without Fear

Why I oughta, Pregnant woman, birth

I want to introduce you to a new Blog that I think you will all enjoy:  "Birth Without Fear"  I have been "friends" on Facebook with Birth Without fear  for a while now and she always writes great articles and posts suportive comments about natural childbirth and all that topic entails.

What is a Birth Without Fear?

by Birth Without Fear on October 25, 2010
What exactly does it mean to birth without fear? It took me 4 births to finally experience what it is like to birth with no fears. The way I can start is the easiest way for anyone… share my experiences. I hope that through sharing what my journey has been like that you may find inspiration and maybe learn from my mistakes and my triumphs! It is my hope that from there this blog can take off and be a wonderful place to educate and support women in healing, educating and having empowering experiences in childbirth!
When I say my mistakes, I do not mean that harshly. I learned and grew greatly from the things I realized I should have done differently. Then I took that new knowledge and did the best I could the next time. I think as women though, we need to fill a very big void. As girls we don’t see our mothers or aunts giving birth. We don’t hear how normal and wonderful it can be. Instead, images of purple face pushing, feet in stirrups, pregnant mama screaming in excruciating pain and the father clueless is our exposure of what birth is. What can we do then?
HERE to read the entire Intro to Birth Without Fear

Next I HAVE to post Birth Without Fear's latest article- which made me laugh and giggle!!  So if you want great info on birth I highly recommend "following" Birth Without Fear"

10 Stupid Things You Never Want to Say to a Pregnant Mama

by Birth Without Fear on November 1, 2010
Ask any pregnant woman if people have made unnecessary comments, given unsolicited advice or just been plain rude and I guarantee you will get a loud YES!
After asking this question on the Birth Without Fear Facebook page, I came up with a top 10 list. This is to help all of you think twice before you speak. Remember, birth is beautiful and so is the pregnant mama. Treat her with kindness and respect. If you can’t do that, just remember, we are allowed to be hormonal. Don’t mess with us!!!
Here we go!
10. After mom has her baby, “You look like you have another one in there.”
9. “You ready to pop yet?” No, but I might pop you!
8. “You are crazy/brave. Just wait. You’ll want the epidural.”
7. “When are they going to induce? When are you due? They are going to let you go that far?”  People, babies need to birth when they are ready! Leave them alone already!
6. Implying mom is too big or too small with comments like “Wow, you are really giving up your body, huh?” or “You don’t even look pregnant.”
5. Mentioning anything to do with population control, because you are proving we might as well begin with you.
4. Anything about babies dying. Really?!? Way to be positive.
3. “Don’t you know how THAT happens?” or “Have you ever heard of birth control?” Idiots.
2. “You guys are like rabbits.” Jealous much?
1. And the number one thing to never say to a pregnant mama is “Are you sure there aren’t twins in there?” Automatic fail!